Payroll - Financial Specialist
We are currently seeking a qualified Payroll Financial Accountant to join our fast-growing Shared Service Center in Warsaw. The ideal candidate will possess fluency in English and a strong passion for the financial industry.
If you are seeking an opportunity to advance your skills and be a part of a dynamic and expanding team, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Our client is a rapidly expanding jewellery retailer with a newly established Shared Service Center (SSC) in the city center of Warsaw. The finance department is growing quickly, and the SSC is responsible for the company's operations throughout Europe, the UK, RPA, and Saudi Arabia. As an employer, they offer a supportive and dynamic work environment and prioritize creativity, passion, and a strong work ethic. Employees have opportunities for growth and professional development and work in a hybrid model, with three days in the office and two days from home.
- Validate payroll files on a monthly basis (Net pay & deductions);
- Prepare monthly manual payroll journals to account for payroll expenses and liabilities;
- Review and provide commentary on monthly P&L for wage expenses (e.g. month-on-month increase, average hourly rate analysis, out-of-cycle pay runs, backpays, etc.);
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts for all payroll liabilities (Net pay, employer contributions, social security contributions, insurance, etc.);
- Review and provide commentary on monthly balance sheet liabilities;
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll requirements;
- Facilitate audits by providing reconciliations and records as required;
- Extend responsibilities into monthly payroll postings, review, and reconciliations for specific countries;
- Complete individual external audit requirements for half-year and full-year audits;
- Assist with the preparation of half-year and full-year financial statements;
- Perform variance analysis and provide written and verbal evidence of monthly variances;
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Excel;
- Experienced with ERP software, particularly Oracle;
- Strong accounting and data analysis skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Demonstrates expertise in data analysis and process improvement;
- Knowledgeable of best practices in finance systems;
- Committed to supporting and collaborating with team members;
- Attractive base compensation;
- Birthday paid leave;
- Flexible hybrid work arrangement (office presence three times weekly);
- Powisle district office location;
- Opportunity to contribute to establishing a new international structure;
- Comprehensive private health-care coverage;
Contract type: Na czas nieokreślony
About Michael Page
Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers.