Senior Java EngineerLocation: Remote Poland
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with Bank's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
You will join a team, responsible for the development and support of Securities Financing Ecosystem. The local team collaborates with broader organization of 150 professionals located around the globe in London, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Toronto and Pune. We deliver multiple changes to production each week with a flexible Kanban-like and agile process that evolves over time.
Our teams are currently operating in microservices environment based on Java 8/11 and Spring Cloud with a push to further modernize the stack with technologies such as Google cloud platform and Hashicorp's Terraform, Packer. The microservices integrates with other systems in & outside the Bank using a combination of MQ, File, Web Service and REST interfaces.
- You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to your users:
o Development of new requirements
o Automating testing and deployment of small and frequent releases, creation and maintenance of monitoring/measure tools
o Speaking to product owner and business on features and requirements
o Deploying changes to production frequently and confidently
o Production availability of your service - if you build the service you own the service!
- Experience with back-end technologies: Microservice architecture, Java
- Experiences with Test driven development methodologies such as Junit & BDD
- Have hands on experience designing and building micro-service based applications.
- Have an understanding of distributed systems architecture
- Strong knowledge of Java app performance tuning
- Good knowledge of SQL (Postgres would be a bonus, as would be any performance tuning experience)
- Understand microservices and RESTful APIs (experience with breaking a monolith into microservices would be a bonus)
- Disciplined approach, able to follow process and suggest improvements where necessary
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud technology
- Ability to solve complex problems and propose solutions
- Understanding of Strength in Depth principles for secure deliverables
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience on OLAP development is a plus
- Nice to have experience with Front-end technologies: React/Vue
- Competitive salary
- Luxoft Training Center
- Access to e-learning Library
- Individual development plans
- Long-term cooperation with possibility to gain experience in different projects and technologies
- A significant number of professional communities (Agile Community, Tech Community, Business Analysis Community, etc.)
- Group Life Insurance
- Private healthcare insurance – LuxMed. Unlimited access to specialist consultations with Dental Care included
- Medical costs reimbursement for employees (up to certain amount per quarter)
- Travel Insurance
- Benefit Program - Cafeteria and Multisport Card
- Various communities (sport, recreation activities, trips, board games, cultural and educational activities)
- Discounts program for employees – BeLux (banking offer, car leasing offer and cafeteria program discount)
- Convenient locations in a modern offices with game rooms
- Multinational projects for clients all over the world