Tribology and Contamination Control Specialist
Opis stanowiska pracy
SIRE® is the market leader in Life Sciences recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continuous innovation. We like technology, in a Life Sciences market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!Our client is a professional Medical Devices and Healthcare organisation, based in Noord-Brabant Netherlands.
The CompanyAnd challenges you to use your engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world’s most demanding motion control and precision positioning systems for industries such as semiconductor manufacturing and medical imaging. This is executed in an environment with a variety of customers and projects, where own initiative and system thinking are vital for success. Your contributions can range from early customer contacts and project definitions to the ramp-up and sustaining of volume production.
Role DescriptionAs a Tribology and Contamination Control specialist it is your responsibility to use your knowledge in tribology of materials and particle contamination to develop complex mechatronic systems that operate in a vacuum environment. We challenge you to select materials as well as define and perform tests to contribute to the development of mechatronic systems.
Responsibilities• Contribute to mechatronic product creation projects and services working closely together with other specialists and designers using your profound knowledge of and several years’ experience with tribology and particle contamination.
• Acquire and carry out tasks and activities within the tribology and particle contamination domain by performing analyses (experimental and numerical), in order to predict the impact on performance, reliability and lifetime. These activities range from feasibility and design studies in the concept phase to the optimization of the desired performance within existing products or systems (including the translation of analysis results into design recommendations).
• Act as a consultant/expert towards our customers (internal and external).
• As an expert within the tribology competence, help building this competence within Philips Innovation Services.
• Expert knowledge in the field of Tribology of materials (friction, bearings, lubrication and wear), and particle contamination control (particle counter, material selection, cleanability).
Requirements• Bachelor, M.Sc. or PhD. in in (Applied) Physics/Materials/Mechanical Engineering specialized in Tribology and/or contamination control.
• Passion for technology, interest in tribology and particle contamination control. Direct professional experience is preferred.
• Solid analytical attitude combined with interest and hands-on attitude for experimental validation
• Thorough theoretical knowledge of, and practical experience with, friction, bearings, lubrication and wear including their impact on products reliability and lifetime.
• Broader knowledge on mechanical design, materials choice, linear guides, coatings and particle contamination control is highly desired.
• Ability to make fast assessments based on simplified methods on concept correctness
• Understanding of product design and mechatronic systems
• You have a customer centric attitude and are flexible and cooperative.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal English.
• Affinity with the healthcare/medical and/or consumer products domains is preferred.
• The energy, enthusiasm and motivational power and ability to inspire the development of new high precision products for our customers.
Other information• An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects.
• A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capability to put that knowledge into practice - fast.
• Extensive opportunities for growth in technical and personal development.
• Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, from developing state-of-the-art lithographic wafer stages, to pioneering the latest implantable medical devices.
• Job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Rowin van der Zwaan.
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the... recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Rozwiń
- Ostatnia aktualizacja:
- Wymiar etatu:
- Pełny etat
- Rodzaj umowy:
- Własna działalność gospodarcza
- Liczba wakatów:
- Min. doświadczenie:
- 2 lata
- Min. wykształcenie:
- Wyższe licencjackie
- Branża / kategoria: