Opis stanowiska pracy
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, and applying this to solve customer issues remotely, and to drive customer satisfaction.
- Reports to a CMS manager.
- Builds strong team relationships with other CMS Engineers. She/he enjoys sharing knowledge. Effectively troubleshoots problems both alone and as part of a team, depending on the nature of the incident.
This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in technology.
- Responsible for L3 Operational support and maintenance of a large databases environment which is highly clustered Oracle RAC environment built using Exadata.
- Responsible for end to end Oracle databases administration covering all patching, maintenance, installations, performance tuning and some development using PL/SQL
- Plan and implement database upgrades.
- Support of Data Guard, ASM, and Grid Infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any production issues, work closely with the Infrastructure and Development teams to ensure high performance of mission critical databases.
- Monitor and manage Oracle databases backups, logs, and journals. Restore and/or recover data as required.
- Monitor and maintain databases security and database software. Control access permissions and privileges.
- Monitor databases / Servers to optimize database performance, resource use, and physical implementations of databases.
- Provide advice to applications programmers in the effective use of database. Advises on troubleshooting, exception processing needs, and other data management issues.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors.
- Oracle SQL Scripting, troubleshooting inefficient queries, writing ad hoc queries.
- Provide guidance leadership to less experienced engineers.
- Develop expertise in specific areas (i.e. technology, product). Transfer this skills in order to mentor colleagues and/or customers via presentations or documentation (technical tips, etc...)
- Develop database standards, processes and procedures to ensure all systems are production ready.
- Interfaces with VARs, OEMs, end-users, and internal engineering departments to drive quality into the product.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in management of highly transactional, mission critical Oracle 11g production database systems operated 24/7.
- Experience with Oracle RAC, backups (RMAN), performance tuning, ASM, Data Guard (essential).
- Proven experience in SQL,PL/SQL scripting.
- Experience with OEM Cloud Control (advantageous).
- Proven experience in working with RedHat/Oracle Enterprise Linux operating systems.
- Experience of Change Management and working within business frameworks and process (ITIL).
- Fluent English speaker/writer (essential).
- Team player, able to work with remote teams in different continents (essential).
- Autonomous worker with team spirit (essential).
- Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential).
- Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment (essential).
- Out-of-the-box thinker (essential).
- Able to take initiative and drive change (essential).
- Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand(essential).
- Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement (essential) .
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
Industry or Sector Experience:
- Prior experience in a technical support capacity (advantageous).
- Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential)
Devire to międzynarodowa firma rekrutacyjna, założona w Londynie w 1987 roku. Od 20 lat... reprezentujemy wiodących pracodawców na rynku europejskim prowadząc dla nich kompleksowe projekty poszukiwań menedżerów i wyspecjalizowanej kadry.
Poza rekrutacją świadczymy usługi Outsourcingu IT, Pracy Tymczasowej oraz Doradztwa HR. Nasze biura, zlokalizowane są w Warszawie, Wrocławiu, Poznaniu, Katowicach oraz Monachium i Frankfurcie. Jesteśmy częścią Devonshire Investment Group. Rozwiń