Opis stanowiska pracy
Our client is a professional Food and FMCG organisation, based in Friesland Netherlands.
HZPC is worldwide market leader in seed potatoes and a multinational of Dutch origin. Innovation is central in the cultivation of new potato varieties that optimally match local growth conditions and demand from the market. Our team of more than 350 colleagues works from more than 16 countries and we export seed potatoes to more than 90 countries. All our R&D activities are carried out in Metslawier. In this advanced knowledge center, around 100 colleagues from all over the world work daily to develop new varieties, improve current varieties and expand our knowledge in all kinds of specialisms.
More information can be found at www.hzpc.nl.
The Program Leader Molecular Biology leads and manages the Molecular Biology program - including its team members – and contributes to the growth and strategic goals of HZPC Research. In order to offer specialized scientific solutions and therefore, contributing to the strategic goals of Research and the HZPC organization in general.
- You lead the team of scientists, researchers and analysts and are part of the R&D management team.
- You seek for synergy with external parties and opportunities.
- You represent our company and values intrinsically and extrinsically.
- You develop strategies, administer budgeting and initiate projects to improve our crop breeding.
- You lead by example, develop the team and have strong engagement.
- You work project based to promote a performance flow with related teams e.g. Operations, Breeders, Plant Pathology, Cell Biology, Biometrics and Bio Informatics.
- As a front face of Molecular Biology, you are heavily involved in establishing external collaborations, innovation scouting, knowledge acquisition, conference participations.
- You are responsible for team performance evaluation and development including individual development plans within an organization framework.
- You have a PhD in Plant molecular biology, plant biology, or strongly related field.
- You have 10 or more years of experience working with molecular biology and plant breeding innovative technologies.
- Experienced with practical field of latest tools, platforms and technologies in (plant) molecular biology including gene editing and support to improve an operational effective Operations diagnostic centre.
- You have excellent leadership skills and experience in management of teams, people, relations and projects or a strong potential to develop yourself.
- You have good network of experts in the field and excellent networking skills to follow key research fields and an open mind to learn from other developments.
- You are strong in priority setting and project based work flows, result and development driven.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge or experience to align with the field of Bio Informatics, (Epi)genetics, Genomics, Transcriptomics and as a pre plant Physiology.
- Experience in the building of state of the art molecular marker based selection platform(s) and protocols for monogenic and multigenic traits.
- Experience in the state of the art sequencing and interpretation of DNA, RNA and siRNA sequences as basis for ‘omics’ activities.
- Clear affinity and skills in the field of molecular phytopathology, associated plant-pathogen interactions and plant microbiome studies.
We offer you
We think in opportunities to create outstanding solutions.
At HZPC we attach great importance to own initiative and personal development. You will work in a professional yet informal work environment where you have the space to further develop yourself. Furthermore we offer:
- A full-time employment contract.
- A group of enthusiastic and experienced international colleagues from specialized departments.
- Good secondary employment conditions, including a 13th month, a premium-free pension and a collective variable remuneration.
- A position in an international environment with a healthy and growing organization.
The location is Metslawier with the possibility to work part-time at the R&D Hub in Wageningen.
You can show your interest by uploading your application (CV + motivation) before July 1, 2019 via the application form.
For information about the procedure you can contact Petra Kool (HR Business Partner: +31 6 12 44 21 10 or email@example.com).
Acquisition is not appreciated.
SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the... recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Rozwiń