Opis stanowiska pracy
As the Head of US Casualty London Reinsurance, you will work closely with the underwriting and functional line managers, within the region of support and segment, to help manage profitable growth, retention, service delivery and expense oversight for all lines of business.
As the Head of US Casualty London Reinsurance, you must be able to navigate the regulatory, competitive, broker and economic environments within the region to facilitate underwriting units in managing and growing their business. You will be responsible for managing a group of Underwriters in ensuing that the team’s goals are met as agreed. Alternatively, you will be a technical expert in your area, with minimal supervision.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
Plan and execute the Underwriting Product/Region growth objective and strategy:
- In concert with the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for developing an annual business plan that is consistent with AXA XL’s overall underwriting strategies and objectives.
Driving Underwriting Excellence to support and ensure profitable growth by:
- Achieving business plan financial objectives and profitable growth as approved by senior management.
- Developing and implementing strategic underwriting plans for the segment or region, aligned with current and long-term objectives.
- Working with the business line leaders to develop the underwriting appetite, segmentation strategy and portfolio management.
- Being an integral part of the underwriting process with focus on risk selection, structure and pricing.
- Maintaining and modifying underwriting policies, procedures and authority guidelines as required to enable underwriters to profitably achieve financial goals and maximize AXA XL’s opportunities.
- Collaborating with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Business Underwriting Solutions (BUS) to manage emerging risks and evolving trends.
- Provide leadership to the team.
- Collaborating with the Actuarial team, to improve pricing models and analytics necessary to support profitable risk selection and growth.
- Leading audit/review process of the functional units to ensure technical compliance through adequate underwriting controls.
- Preserve and enhance profitability through the development of sophisticated underwriting and analytic techniques, pricing discipline, competitive analysis and the development of performance metrics and controls
- Support product management and innovation by developing analytical rigor, capabilities and processes that will enable the team to achieve their growth and profitability targets
- Ensure underwriting objectives, limits, product and product enhancements are all consistent with AXA XL’s overall casualty strategy
- Through regular communication discuss meeting underwriting excellence objectives through audits and loss activity consistent within AXA XL
Assisting in producer relationships and maintaining visibility in the market:
- Working with the underwriting managers, sales and regional leaders to achieve cross selling objectives and develop marketing strategies.
- Developing new business opportunities via extensive broker and insured relationships.
- Supporting customer retention.
- Mentoring and coaching the underwriting team and develop a succession plan.
- Ensuring adequate communication and flow of information as appropriate.
- Partnering with actuarial, accounting, claims, and finance and product management as required to support the underwriting strategies and service excellence.
- Developing reinsurance strategies and managing limit accumulations to avoid earnings volatility while maximizing AXA XL's opportunities on placements.
- Partnering with the Chief Risk Officer and others to implement best practices and internal controls to support enterprise risk management (e.g., internal audit, FIC, Regulatory, etc.).
- Develop and execute a focused effort targeting key distribution partners marketing the merits of AXA XL’s value proposition.
- Lead with the value of a strong partnership demonstrating AXA XL’s ability to now be viewed as a long-term player.
- Exhibit the front-to-back knowledge required to provide confidence in the ability for AXA XL negotiate.
You will report to Chief Executive, Reinsurance – London.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Experience: Must have a minimum of 15 years’ experience focusing on underwriting management and operations. You will also have experience building relationships with all the larger brokers and large regional agencies. You will also be expected to have a successful track record of driving profitable growth. An undergraduate degree is required and a Master’s Degree and/or professional insurance certification preferred.
- Inspired Leadership: AXA XL requires a self-starter who will thrive in a team-oriented environment. You will be a non-political player who can, by virtue of your background and experiences, be immediately credible with both internal and external constituents who include brokers and customers. You will be naturally collaborative and your words, tone and actions will set the bar for others to follow. You will have the ability to influence without authority, motivate others and be highly participative. You will have the reputation for engaging through listening and then driving for efficiency of decision making versus creating bureaucracy.
- Business Building: You must have a strong balance of both strategic and operating skills. You will have been in an environment where you have participated in thoughtful and profitable growth. You will have a track record of executing to plan and working to achieve objectives. You will understand the importance of a strong value proposition and know how to appropriately leverage distribution relationships. Highly attentive to operational and financial details, you will be well organized, a disciplined planner with solid communication skills. You will be financially astute and sophisticated in identifying key financial trends and reworking metrics to get to answers that at first were not obvious. Finally, through your reputation in the industry, you will have the ability to attract the best talent in the industry.
- Technical Acumen: Sharp rigorous thinker who creates a logical connection for others between the dynamics of market realities, AXA XL’s mission, vision and strategy. You will be a student of the insurance industry and know how the business makes money. At your core you will be an underwriter thus exhibiting granular knowledge of all aspects of managing a market. You will be market savvy and know what the competition is doing from a product and pricing perspective and quickly grasp challenges and opportunities. Finally, you will have the proven ability to easily articulate the technical and complicated in a manner others readily understand.
AXA XL część grupy AXA skupiająca się na ubezpieczeniach majątkowych,... wypadkowych i ryzyku specjalnym, szczyci się kompetencjami w rozwiązywaniu zagadnień złożonego ryzyka. Nie tylko dostarczamy usługi ubezpieczeniowe i reasekuracyjne dla średnich firm, organizacji międzynarodowych i osób prywatnych, ale wytyczamy nowe drogi sektora ubezpieczeń.
W jaki sposób? Łączymy silną i efektywną platformę kapitałową z wiedzą opartą na danych, nowoczesną technologią i utalentowanymi współpracownikami w łączącym ich miejscu pracy, by aktywizować obsługę klienta najwyższej jakości we wszystkich liniach biznesu – ubezpieczenia nieruchomości, majatkowe, wypadkowe, finansowe i specjalistyczne.
W tym nowatorskim i elastycznym podejściu do rozwiązań w zakresie ubezpieczeń, wybieramy do współpracy tych, którzy napędzają zmianę na lepsze.