Backend Software EngineerLocation: Remote Poland
We are utilizing a city's existing fleet and a growing number of mobile devices connected to our network, we collect real-time data that supports the enforcement of traffic laws. We are implementing the first technology provider to create a vision-based solution capable of detecting, understanding, and determine causation of traffic violations, to help cities achieve their Vision Zero safety goals.
As a core member of our cloud team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable, secure and high performance cloud-based web applications with both frontend and backend components, with an emphasis on backend. You will need to make critical architectural decisions with appropriate trade-offs and deliver the implementation with speed and quality. You will also design and develop highly secure REST APIs and take care of the integration with both internal or external applications or services.
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- 8+ years software engineering roles with a track record of successful delivery of production quality web services at large scale
- Strong experience working with cloud services - AWS/Azure/GCP, through container solutions such as Dockers and Kubernetes
- Strong experience with developing and integrating with highly secure REST APIs
- Experience working with all layers of typical monolithic architecture such as databases, memory caches, message queues etc.
- Experience with using web application platforms such as Golang and React JS to build interactive single-page Web Applications
- Absolutely fanatical about performance, automation and instrumentation. Ability to decompose complex distributed systems and quickly pinpoint issues. Experience with TDD, devOPS, CI/CD etc.
- Strong team player with grit and integrity
NICE TO HAVE
- Prior start-up experience
- Experience with using DeepLearning Frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow to run large scale (batched) data processing pipelines in the cloud
- Experience with CUDA or GPU architectures
- Experience with Geo-spatial databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience architecting backend for (mobile) IoT devices
- Experience with developing and running microservices
- Competitive salary
- Luxoft Training Center
- Access to e-learning Library
- Individual development plans
- Long-term cooperation with possibility to gain experience in different projects and technologies
- A significant number of professional communities (Agile Community, Tech Community, Business Analysis Community, etc.)
- Group Life Insurance
- Private healthcare insurance – LuxMed. Unlimited access to specialist consultations with Dental Care included
- Medical costs reimbursement for employees (up to certain amount per quarter)
- Travel Insurance
- Benefit Program - Cafeteria and Multisport Card
- Various communities (sport, recreation activities, trips, board games, cultural and educational activities)
- Discounts program for employees – BeLux (banking offer, car leasing offer and cafeteria program discount)
- Convenient locations in a modern offices with game rooms
- Multinational projects for clients all over the world