Opis stanowiska pracy
An Additive Manufacturing Design Engineer will be responsible to develop novel additive manufacturing engineering solutions for to support Collins Aerospace Business Units prototyping and production objectives. The potential candidate will have a deep knowledge in metal Additive Manufacturing focusing on Laser Powder Bed fusion Process (LPBF).
Prerequisite skills include a strong fundamental background in mechanical engineering design and the application of the state of the art LPBF technology. Candidate should be knowledgeable in various additive materials, process parameters, modality selection, and design tools. Deep awareness of industry trends, leading companies, and leading consortium/university/international laboratories activities would be a definite plus. It is preferred that the candidate has a proven record of accomplishment developing Design for AM solutions to bring business value.
- Serve as technical lead on Additive product development projects
- Collaborates with Engineering teams, material scientist to identify and drive projects to that demonstrate the benefits of using Additive Manufacturing for improved functionality.
- Enable increased usage of Design for AM by facilitating communication and sharing best practices.
- Support internal and external customers by concurrently works on multiple projects to ensure program cost, quality and schedule requirements are met.
- Provides technical guidance for team members and business unit teams in the form of training, mentoring, talent development, and work verification.
- Perform conceptual and detailed design on projects through CAD and DfAM principles, iterate designs, complete qualification and release new AM products
- Apply AM Design tools such as Topology Optimization and generative design principles to optimize designs for AM efficiency.
- Provide AM oriented engineering guidance and be a recognized technical leader in the AM community
- Communicate and lead design discussions and requirements specific to using AM to enable product design and/or maximize supply chain efficiency
- Organize and contribute to ideation and brainstorming events
- Create AM Intellectual Property specific to the Collins Aerospace Business Units product line
- Serve as Subject matter expert in LPBF Design.
- Research new AM manufacturing technologies and introduce promising technologies to the AM groups
- Stay current with industry trends and market information on AM
- Develop technical work scopes and perform detailed design to deliver AM proposals
- Develop proficiency in microstructure-properties evolution and create new AM product applications and solutions
- Evaluate AM proposals for modality selection and business value
- Challenge internal thinking to accelerate AM adoption across the Enterprise
- Bachelor’s (Master’s is preferred) Degree in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on Additive Technologies and 5 years of related work experience
- 2 years of experience designing products for LPBF
- 2 years working with leading institutions in the field of metals additive manufacturing
- Understanding of complex mechanical assemblies and products for multiple industries
- Working CAD and FEA knowledge using SOLIDWORKS, ANSYS or equivalent programs
- Proven ability to lead and initiate projects to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-departmental teams of staff and executives
- Good grasp of engineering systems, processes, controls and quality best practices
- Ability to manager AM projects with a sense of urgency
- Experience validating and testing materials in laboratory and ability to be hands-on in validating engineering concepts
- Basic project management skills and ability to self-initiate projects
- Held leadership positions in Engineering with focus on Additive Manufacturing
- Demonstrated AM subject matter expert through patents and/or published articles
- Awards/Acievements in mechanical engineering
- Industry AM knowledge, participation and recognition
Collins Aerospace, jednostka United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), jest liderem w zakresie... zaawansowanych technologicznie i inteligentnych rozwiązań dla globalnego przemysłu lotniczego i obronnego. Stworzona w 2018 roku przez połączenie UTC Aerospace Systems i Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace ma możliwości, kompleksową ofertę i doświadczenie, aby sprostać najtrudniejszym wyzwaniom klientów i wymaganiom szybko rozwijającego się globalnego rynku. Rozwiń